Re: wpa_supplicant help

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: wpa_supplicant help
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2018 14:57:22 +0200

This prompts me to bring this older thread back:

        https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2018-05/msg00075.html

We've discussed whether we should be more explicit about how network management
was done on GuixSD.
I argued that we should highlight that nmcli / nmtui can be used by default.
Some counter arguments were that network-manager is not necessarily what the
user will install.

But it's the default nonetheless and if the users go by the vanilla
%desktop-services, that's what they will get.  I think Vikram's message is
another case in point: we should be more explicit about something so crucial.

--
Pierre Neidhardt