partitions

From: Catonano
Subject: partitions
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 18:59:09 +0200

I'm considering to install GuixSD in a virtual machine made with Gnome Boxes

I should partition the disk but I don't know where to start

This is what I find in cfdisk
https://imgur.com/a/EjYKRwb

I don't understand how these partitions are organized

Why is the boot partition so large ? Will it expand even more if so required ?

As for /dev/sda2 why is it so small ? Why is it FAT ? What does that ""EFI" mean ? What is that partition meant for ?

As for the free space, why is it so small ? Will it expand if so required ?

How am I supposed to properly arrange these partitions in order to install GixSD ?