Re: Next browser finally on master!

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Next browser finally on master!
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:11:34 +0100

> On startup it works. Clicking a link and trying makes it freeze :D
>
> See log arrached
>
> Cannot reproduce scroll page freeze right now. will return when I have
> an example.

Hmmm, still cannot reproduce, and the log looks fine.  I think you've hit a
random WebKit crash.  It happened to me.  The thing is, the minibuffer (that is,
the prompt) is also a WebKit view.

> In vimb the crash on query.wikidata.org is not freezing it up. it simply
> displays an error in the bottom and continues to work.

Thanks for the example.  Indeed, WebKit makes it possible to recover from
crashes.  I only need to implement it.  Stay tuned! :)

> yes, they play but VP/webm lag. mp4 does not though!
> tested here:
> https://goblinrefuge.com/mediagoblin/u/praveenvarma/m/enrre-vidyaalyN-1/
> the mp4 plays perfect.
> the vp/webm lags and it becomes non fluent to watch.

Thanks for mentioning that.
Can you send an example link of a laggy video?

Thanks again for the feedback!

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/