Re: Next browser finally on master!

From: Brett Gilio
Subject: Re: Next browser finally on master!
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 15:48:44 -0600

Ricardo Wurmus writes:
 > The naming scheme applies to packages that are primarily used as
> libraries.  A package “foo” that is written in Python and also provides
> modules that can be imported in an interactive Python session will not
> be named “python-foo” when it is primarily used on its own.

Agreed here. I don't want to speak out of turn and am interested in what
Andy has to say here, but there are a few other Guix packages that do
not follow their naming conventions when they are intended to be used
alone. I think Idris is one. Perhaps it would confuse the end user if
they were to know whether they were getting libraries for the SBCL
environment to be able to hack on the package or if they were getting a
runtime executable to operate the package without the SBCL environment.

Brett Gilio