Re: Screen does not wake up from suspend ("No signal") on a Radeon RX 58

From: Boris A. Dekshteyn
Subject: Re: Screen does not wake up from suspend ("No signal") on a Radeon RX 580
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 00:19:48 +1200

Hello,

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> That said, we don't have a xf86-video-amdgpu
> (https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/xf86-video-amdgpu/), we
> probably need it.

It would be nice :). In its absence, xf86-video-modesetting should be
used. But without firmware you don't have KMS, so ...

> Any idea why amdgpu is not loaded on startup for me?
> Maybe I can try a ‘modprobe.blacklist=ati,radeon’.
> Still, I wonder why amdgpu is not chosen directly.

What kernel version is used? What does dmesg say about amdgpu?
Anyway i'm suspect that without a firmware (deblobed in linux-libre) KMS
and power management (and hibernation too) will not work.

---
 WBR, Boris Dekshteyn