Re: Guix on Android, getaddrinfo, failure in name resolution

From: 白い熊@相撲道
Subject: Re: Guix on Android, getaddrinfo, failure in name resolution
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 13:54:24 +0000

On February 13, 2019 6:19:59 PM UTC, "白い熊@相撲道" <address@hidden> wrote:

>OK through extended trial and error I've determined the following —
>only group passwd resolv.conf and services need to be created in /etc
>
>It then struck me to start with a clean guix binary install file — and
>here's the surprise — Guix has internet access up until the middle of
>the first guix pull, whence it fails on pulling the pem files.
>
>If you run in once more it'll pull guix itself, then it'll fail.
>
>On the third “guix pull” it'll just fail with the name resolution
>failure and that's it.
>
>After this it doesn't pull anything and exhibits the behavior I've
>reported. What's the issue?
>
>Bellow the full “guix pull” log of the three consecutive runs. What's
>happening — why does it fail?

Plus, I checked just to make sure — after this run, in the session, guix
clearly can access the internet, as “guix build hello” downloads the hello
package nicely. “guix package -i hello” fails, as it downloads other stuff and
tries to build curl — whereby building curl fails on tests, as internet access
tests for curl make fail.

Don't know why it's not just installing “hello” and wants to install other
stuff — substitutes are authorized, that's why “guix build” downloads it
directly?

Anyhow — this seems to be specific issue — armhf related? Why is it failing on
“guix pull” with the name resolution failure?  It seems to be revolving around
this.

Anything else I can debug?
--
白い熊@相撲道