Re: Need help porting eDuke32

From: HiPhish
Subject: Re: Need help porting eDuke32
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 21:27:45 +0100

Thank you for looking it this. I have done my own poking around and here is
the idea I came up with, after looking at how some other games were handling
SDL:

    (arguments
      `(#:phases
        (modify-phases %standard-phases
          (delete 'configure)
          (add-after 'set-paths 'set-sdl-paths
            ;; The makefile adds the output of `sdl2-config --cflags` to the
            ;; compiler flags, but sdl2-config gives us the wrong directory to
            ;; include. We have to add the SDL2 header directory ourselves.
            (lambda* (#:key inputs #:allow-other-keys)
              (setenv "CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH"
                      (string-append (assoc-ref inputs "sdl-union")
                                     "/include/SDL2"
                                     ":"
                                     (getenv "CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH")))
              #t))
          (delete 'install))))

This seems cleaner to me than patching. I tested it with `guix build` and it
seems to work, but I won't have time until next week to look into it again.