Re: ci.guix.info 504 gateway timeout (was Re: guix package builds, subsi

From: Mathieu Lirzin
Subject: Re: ci.guix.info 504 gateway timeout (was Re: guix package builds, subsitutes and --no-build)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 16:37:27 +0100

Hello,

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Giovanni Biscuolo <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I still have to learn how to find a guix commit giving me one of those
>> specific derivations... or just check if one specific commit provides
>> one of those
>
> You generally can’t do that.  You can’t compute the commit from only a
> derivation file name.

I guess that ‘guix weather’ checks the presence of substitutes for a
current derivation of a package definition, so if in the same
environment ‘guix weather’ tells that a substitute is available and
‘guix package’ doesn't fetch it, it sounds fishy no?

Thanks.

--
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37