help-gv

Re: [help-gv] gv for Mac

From: Miklos Somogyi
Subject: Re: [help-gv] gv for Mac
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 14:09:37 +1000

Thank you for the suggestions, Karl.

I use groff for typesetting and the Mac's Preview is quite good in displaying its mostly
textual PS output.
I am looking for a good PS viewer for graphics where all my packages fall short.

Preview is fast and it has an anti-aliasing option. If on, curves look good but surfaces are screwed up. E.g. 3d lit surfaces drawn by quadrilaterals become a mess: e.g. there is a pixel-wide gap
between them, so that one can see through solid walls!
If I could do this in real life... :-)
If anti-aliasing is off, then surfaces are ok and curves are bad.

MacGhostScript does not do these nasty things but it falls short in colours, most of my 3d stuff
looks pale like dead.

I wonder whether I can install gv on the Mac at all and, if so, would it give me one of these problems?
Thanks,

Miklos