Re: single-user boot

From: Jonathan Bartlett
Subject: Re: single-user boot
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 09:05:34 -0600 (CST)

I think he's refering to the way the GRUB boot disk is originally set
up.  First, it doesn't find your installation, then it gives you five
options to boot from, in which case you hit "c" or something to give you
the command prompt.  My guess is that he's got something bootable where
the GRUB disk is expecting it, and its trying to boot it instead of
showing him the option screen.  Unfortunately, I don't know enough about
GRUB to help you out...

Jon

--
PGP information is available at http://members.wri.com/johnnyb/about/