Re: e2fsck problem

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: e2fsck problem
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 16:44:56 +0200

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 02:32:47PM +0200, Moritz Schulte wrote:
> i think, i've found the problem in e2fsck from e2fsprogs-1.20, which
> doesn't detect the mount state correctly. e2fsck thinks filesystems
> are already mounted, though they are not...

Thanks for tracking this down.

> So, is this broken code or is stat() doing something wrong?  (should
> st_rdev be 0?) I'll later look more into this...

*groan*  The Hurd doesn't give distinct major/minor numbers to devices.
They all get (0,0).  What are the major and minor numbers to a monolithical
kernel like Linux or BSD, is the translator setting for the Hurd.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de