Re: status of 1 Gig limit on partitions

From: James Morrison
Subject: Re: status of 1 Gig limit on partitions
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 07:21:37 -0800 (PST)

--- "Bryan K. Walton" <walton@mailbag.com> wrote:
> Greetings!
>       Just curious if anyone could update me on the status of the
1Gig
> size limit on hurd partitions?  Is the limit still there?  If so,
> any
> idea on when it might be removed?
>
> Thanks,
> Bryan

  A rough limit of 1GB for local partitions still exists, it will be
removed
when someone has the time and need to do the work to remove it.

 I am running with one local 2.4 gb ext2 partition and a 17gb nfs
mount point
as well as my local 800mb root partition.

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone refering this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU