Re: booting the hurd

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: booting the hurd
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 18:03:16 +0100

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 04:37:49AM -0800, Cameron wrote:
> Could this problem be from IRQ sharing?

I think sharing IRQ between two unused devices might work if you are lucky
(and the kernel doesn't initiialize them), but in general it is completely
unsupported to the extent that the kernel might hang at boot.

> In fact, I'm rather unclear how to to boot the hurd period, different
> docs say different things.

Then stick with one doc which is coherent in itself.  Stick to the Install
Guide written by Neal Walfield.  Follow the instructions, and at the first
failing point, give us all your input and all the computers output so we can
scrutinize it.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de