Re: Existing translators

From: marco
Subject: Re: Existing translators
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 13:20:50 +0100

On Saturday 19 January 2002 23:40, you wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Several funny or at least interesting examples of translators are given in
> most Hurd presentations (such as Marcus' talk and Wolfgang's HHG). Among
> them are the fortune translator and also more useful translators such as a
> tar+gzip/bzip2 translator which would allow to `mount' an archive.

I never seen something about those presentation, do you've got a link?

> Has anyone implemented the latter? Is there somewhere a list of the
> available translators (beside the system translators)?

I once wrote a fortune translator, the code is really ugly and it can use
only one cookie database.  It isn't released yet. The translator can be set
with:

settrans -ac cookie ./fortunet ./startrek

If someone is really interested I am willing to make the code more readable
and upload it somewhere :).