Re: Existing translators

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Existing translators
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 18:47:53 -0500

> Send me an example with explanations and I'll be happy to include it. :)

I'm actually looking forward to being able to start writing translators (I don't
even have access to an Hurd box right now), so I don't have any example to
submit you.

> While Marcus run-translator is a more flexible solution, example code is
> always a good thing.

Is this translator part of the Hurd source?

> > I think it would be nice if we could have some kind of a central
> > repository where we could put all the translators that have been
> > written so far, including the fortune translator of course. ;)
>
> Are you willing to maintain such a repository?

I wouldn't have any objection to this. However, as I said, I won't have access
to an Hurd box for at least one month, which could have been very helpful if I
want to run translators and eventually write a small description of what
happens.  Moreover, I don't have any website on which I could put this
repository, and I believe the best place for it would be on gnu.org .

Cheers,
Ludovic.