[Fwd: Hurd FS hierarchy (was Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH troubles)]

From: Guy Bormann
Subject: [Fwd: Hurd FS hierarchy (was Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH troubles)]
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 23:59:15 +0100

"Thomas Bushnell, BSG" wrote:

> Guy Bormann <spaderman@wanadoo.be> writes:
>
> > Why is this called /servers anyway? Is it (Mach) legacy? Since it's
> > for rendez-vous points, why not call it /rendez-vous, /contacts,
> > /endpoints, /serv[ices] or something along this line? (I see the
> > link with the exec or password server, but this is not valid for
> > pflocal/pfinet vs /servers/socket/[12] ...)
>
> They are all plain servers; that is, they are not really implementing
> filesystem abstractions.  Please ask these questions on the mailing
> list; other people may be asking the same thing.
Sorry, of course...I just forgot to Reply to All, instead of simple
Reply.

Thanks,

Guy Bormann

Dr. Guy Bormann                         | email : Guy dot Bormann at ua dot ac
dot be
Theoretical Physics of Condensed Matter o smail : Building N
Dept. Natuurkunde                       |         Universiteitsplein 1
Universiteit Antwerpen                  |         2610 Wilrijk Belgium