Re: "Translator died";cut & paste OK?

From: Neal H. Walfield
Subject: Re: "Translator died";cut & paste OK?
Date: 03 Nov 2002 14:08:17 -0500

> In the reply Neal Walfield told me that my CUT and PASTE are
> broken.I perceive this to be meant as my cut and paste bin
> programs(?).I have tested these two programs and they work
> individually on my hurd-box.If they are broken what do I do,or how
> do I find out this?

No, you misunderstood that I was saying.  I am going to assume that
you looked at the web page and copied the text that you saw.  Given
that, you copied the text wrong.  Consider:

    settrans -c dummy /hurd/ext2fs 'pwd' /dummy.fs
    settrans -c dummy /hurd/ext2fs `pwd`/dummy.fs

There is an enormous difference between the two above lines.  The
first is what you typed and the second is that is on the web page.

> Only one thing bothers me: that I appear as a plague and pest for
> the hurd-people with all my questions;enthough: hurd-help is still
> on the net for us out there.

Neither plague nor pest; just newbie.