The mach kernel hangs after detecting my flopy

From: Dan Adrian
Subject: The mach kernel hangs after detecting my flopy
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 15:56:39 -0800 (PST)

Hello Everyone  , i'm new (just trying to make it work
on my machine) so i would apreciate the help,
I cant boot the mach kernel , it loads ok and detects
my disk drives and then it hangs , the last thing it
prints is "FDC 0 is post-1991 82077" , and nothing
work's from that point (i have to unplug the machine)

i used the grub command lines to boot :
root (hd0,3)
kernel /boot/gnumach.gz root=hd0s4
module /boot/serverboot.gz
boot

I hope you can help me make it work , because running
it in an emulator isnt what i want

Thanks