Re: install problems (/dev/console missing)

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: install problems (/dev/console missing)
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:00:41 +0200 (MEST)

   in particular, how do I create /dev/console, as that seems to be
   the root cause...

You shouldn't need to create /dev/console, if it can't be opened in
/dev, then term tries to create a new node for the console in /tmp.

I don't know what the problem is, but maybe you're making the
file-system read-only when booting?  Could you show us your GRUB's
menu.lst entry that you use to boot GNU/Hurd?

(Oh yeah, and please refrain from sending HTML messages, they are
annoying, redundant, and stupid.  And you might ditch that disclmair
if you can to)

Cheers.