Re: help

From: Anton Nikishaev
Subject: Re: help
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 15:05:02 +0400 (MSD)

ams, 27 May 2004:

   That is what is on a working system, not all of them
are needed
   (/server/exec is the only one needed for the system
to boot, then you
   can use settrans to create the others), but they are
standard.

Should /servers/exec be already settransed to
/hurd/exec to boot???
I have tried to settrans it by hand, however now Hurd
hangs up
in a random place after ext2fs:diskfs_get_translator
[which works well]
without any nice assert message (it hangs up exactly
here 'cause of
(B,later), I think :))

   If you'd like, I can send you (or let you download
whatever is easier
   for you) a bunch of old scripts that would setup a
working system.
   You might not be able to use it directly, but you
can atleast look at
   some of the bits that create all needed files etc.
Not to big either,
   about 129kb.

Do you think it really helps me? I already have
should-working-as-I-think /dev/hdc1.

   Ok, I thought that you use a pure glibc, without any
hacks.  Then it
   might work.  But it isn't recommended though, if
you'd like, I could
   make a patch from glibc 2.2.3 against the current
CVS version for you
   to snatch if you don't want to download the whole
CVS tree which is
   quite big.

This would be useful only if you have a unpacked
glibc-2.2.3 and
diff -Nur... in your bash history :)  So, if you have a
time
(unlike me with these fuckin' exams at this fuckin' uni
(B)).

Thanks && nice hacking!

    nik