Re: 24 lines terminal

From: Michael Banck
Subject: Re: 24 lines terminal
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:12:40 +0200

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 05:54:42PM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    Or somebody tracks down the bug and submits a patch to Jeff.
>
> As I have said before, the bug is dead with a 99.991% certantiy.

You asked about hurd/glibc uploads for Debian (to activate the Hurd
console by default). Unfortunately, the bug is definetely not dead for
Debian. I just made a fresh install yesterday and a simple ls -l /
yields the linkref bug on /tmp. Of course, this is due to Debian using
an outdated version of glibc. However, this cannot be changed at a whim,
even more so as the next stable release of Debian is approaching and
glibc has been frozen since the end of July :(

> If someone still insists, I can dig through ChangeLog's and diffs to
> pin down and actually document that the bug is dead (or alive).

Well, knowing for sure that the bug is dead in CVS would be nice (I'm
trying to do this, but got side-tracked). Having the changeset for the
fix would be even better and highly appreciated.

cheers,

Michael