Re: HURD install problem

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Re: HURD install problem
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 17:46:54 +0200

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 11:30:15AM +0200, Richard Braun wrote:
> On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 07:10:02AM +0000, arnuld wrote:
> You should normally be able to use K14 CDs with QEMU ... Look for pre
> built images [1].

> [1]

Note that this image (even though it works in QEMU) is not a standard
Ksomething installation, but one with special changes to make it work
from the CD without having to install onto a hard disk.  But that image
doesn't do things like and so on.  I think you can't even update
the packages in that system (without remastering the CD).

At <> there are some
instructions to create a QEMU image.  Someone should update this page:
there's a lot of outdated (and even misguiding) information on it.