Re: FOSDEM 2010

From: Michael Banck
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2010
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 19:56:31 +0100

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 04:37:12AM +0100, olafBuddenhagen@gmx.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 10:01:41AM +0100, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
>
> > FOSDEM 2010 is slowly approaching.
> >
> > A few Hurd types have shown interest in meeting there, so I created
> > <http://www.thomas.schwinge.homeip.net/hurd-web/community/meetings/fosdem_2010.html>
> > for coordination.  Beware that web-editing (and the whole of bddebian
> > HTTP) is still down due to this Perl crash I (or someone else, of
> > course) needs to have a look at.  But you can either use the Git
> > interface, cf.
> > <http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/contributing/web_pages.html>, for
> > doing any changes, or tell me by email or on IRC (tschwinge on
> > freenode.net).
>
> As the wiki is kinda-working again now, I think it's right to use
> http://www.bddebian.com/~hurd-web/community/meetings/fosdem_2010/ ?
>
> Also, I think it would be good to mention that there will be an alt-os
> devroom, where we will surely hang out -- and hopefully could give a
> talk or two as well...

The submission deadline for the alt-os devroom has been extended till
the end of January 4th:

http://groups.google.com/group/rosetta-os/browse_thread/thread/16964e21bef27116

Francois Revol (the chairmain of the devroom) turned up in #hurd today
and requested submissions:

<mmu_screen> I'd really like to see a Hurd demo :)

His email address is revol@free.fr.

Michael