Re: Hurd restarts immediately after grub2

From: Tony Olagbaiye
Subject: Re: Hurd restarts immediately after grub2
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:48:07 +0100

I'm not quite sure of that, I'll find out later today, but after several attempts I realised that it was not in fact hurd that was causing the problem. As soon as i tried a grub 0.97 cd and booted from there, everything worked fine. Does Grub2 not support the hurd multiboot yet?
---
Tony
On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Thomas Schwinge <thomas@schwinge.name> wrote:
Hello!

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 09:14:17PM +0100, Tony Olagbaiye wrote:
> Hi, i've been trying to install hurd for quite a while now, but I always end
> up with the same problem: It simply won't boot. I did manage to get an old
> version working on an old box a long time ago, so that may be why. As soon
> as I boot it from grub2, my system restarts silently.

What's the version of GRUB2 that you're using, and what's the grub.cfg
stanza?

Regards,
 Thomas