help-libidn

Specific tests failing when linked with --as-needed

From: Anthony Ryan
Subject: Specific tests failing when linked with --as-needed
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 13:16:07 -0500

Hello,

In the most recent release (1.29) I have observed that both the test-lock and test-thread_create tests are failing when compiling with the following LDFLAGs:

LDFLAGS="-Wl,--as-needed"

Removing "--as-needed" or adding "--no-as-needed" gets the tests passing again.

I'm compiling on x86_64 and have attached both the test-suite.log file and a build.log file.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance in resolving this issue.

Kind regards,
Anthony Ryan