help-librejs

Re: [Help-librejs] Running librejs tests without a browser

From: David Seaward
Subject: Re: [Help-librejs] Running librejs tests without a browser
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 17:48:55 +0200

On Mon, 2017-10-30 at 08:41 -0400, zach wick wrote:
> There is not currently a way to use LibreJS as a command line tool to
> test a URL's licensing of its JS.
> As you asked, the only way to currently use LibreJS is as a browser
> extension.

Ok, so it may eventually possible to automate testing through a browser
automation tool like CasperJS [1]. In the short term manual testing
will be easier, but I'll keep a lookout for tools that are 1)
free/libre and 2) support the right kind of extensions.

[1] http://casperjs.org (probably not the most appropriate example for
this use-case)

Regards,
David