help-libtasn1

test failure in 2.12

From: DAVID REISER
Subject: test failure in 2.12
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 21:18:42 -0400

I'm trying to build libtasn1 version 2.12, and one of the tests fails. In test_indefinite, I get:

PASS: Test_errors
PASS: Test_simple
OK: asn1_get_length_der bignum
OK: asn1_get_length_der intnum
ERROR: asn1_get_length_der overflow (l 2147483647 len 5)
FAIL: Test_overflow

version 2.11 builds without the error. Googling tells me that that function was changed between 2.11 and 2.12, but I can't follow all the details.

Mac OS X 10.7.3, clang from Xcode 4.3.1

I also run into the Apple grep bug that causes "Regular _expression_ too big" bogus messages, but I can get around that with fink's grep. The asn1_get_length_der error is the same, though.

--
Dave Reiser