help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Re: Help-liquidwar6 Digest, Vol 25, Issue 1 Feedba

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Re: Help-liquidwar6 Digest, Vol 25, Issue 1 Feedback
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 07:33:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Thu, October 1, 2009 11:02 pm, Ian wrote:
> I also wish to note that it might be more desirable to obliterate any
> "pixel" effect what-so-ever. If instead of seeing 1 or 2 fighters go from
> one location to another, you saw a [possibly very thin] stream of liquid,
> I think it would fit the theme "Liquid Wars" incredibly better. For
What I think is that this really could be another "view backend". Current
is named "flat" and will remain the same (maybe with the addition of a
"--pixelize" option), but this would be yet another renderer, in which I
would put:
- thin lines as you mention, globalized "blobs"("à la Goo"), in fact,
pretty much anything that can, indeed, get us away from the pixel reality
- the old (yet cool!) "wave" effect of Liquid War 5. This one wasn't
ported to LW6 yet but it happens it really isn't that hard to do something
like this with OpenGL. Think of all those floating-in-the-wind flags
screensavers.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--