help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Help making a second player locally -- did the fir

From: Andy Armstrong
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Help making a second player locally -- did the first one get thru?
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:52:59 +0000

Hi Christian,

Thank you again for such a lengthy reply! All incredibly helpful information.

I have actually got the game compiling on demand inside Eclipse - in windows and ubuntu. The problem is - if I want to commit my code changes to an SVN repository - because eclipse builds everything even although a rebuild may not be necessary the application ends up committing like 500 files each time you recompile - which is not really scalable. I cannot seem to use the svn:ignore list correctly in order to ignore .so .la. o .exe etc in order to stop those particular files from being committed.

I may try and make a new menu option under rules for having two player controlled armies which are different colours - but will work co-operatively.

I am happy to also write up a guide on how I got LW6 compiling under Eclipse. So do you use any repository software for the project? I would love to know how you got it setup!

Andy

Andrew Armstrong
Tel: (+44)01962 815 898
Mob: 07771330510