Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Web page, team profiles, weapons & voxels

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Web page, team profiles, weapons & voxels
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 10:25:44 +0200

> Well, I started to work on a port using
> a starting point. I didn't get to test much, but it looked promising.
> After the initial testing I have been kinda swamped and not able to progress
> any further on the port. :/
> I really hope someone else picks up on the android port, because Liquid War
> would be awesome on a touch interface :-)
Yep, might be cool indeed. I'll see what I can do. Meanwhile I might also work
on a GP2X-Wiz port, that one was pretty much advanced, basically I had
compiled all the requirements, only had to build LW itself, the point is
GP2X-Wiz does not have any full GL implementation, so I thought I had to
rewrite a complete non-GL renderer before being able to complete the whole
thing. But in fact... it does have some sort of (limited, as I understand
it...) GL-ES support and it also has a touchscreen. So well, who knows.
Additionnally, I like the idea of porting and testing now-and-then the game on
a low-end platform (GP2X-Wiz is powerfull like you old pentium 100 or 200, but
not more) since it helps keeping things simple, and benefits everyone.

Have a nice day,

Christian Mauduit -                    ___ __/\__
Liquid War 6 -      / _")\~ \~/
Mouette & Charbons - _/ /   /_ o_\
Ultrafondus -                (__/      \/