help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Liquid War 0.0.11beta released

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Liquid War 0.0.11beta released
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 13:58:24 +0100

Hi,

> Hello again,
>
> I have not been doing much LW6-related lately. I got to get into gear
> at some time. But right now, I have another task with a deadline
> attached, so ...
OK.

FYI I've been in touch with people wanting to build an LW-like game for
Androïd. Seems the idea is out ;)

> Anyways, what's up with the snapshots? Suddenly, they only show the
> extra map package.
I'm currently refactoring a bunch of stuff related to network and left the
source repository (git) in an intermediate "not able to compile" state. I
could have waited before committing this, usually I do wait until it builds
before committing, but for various reasons I did commit this one, and now it's
in the depot. The snapshot generation script has this feature that it does
check the game compiles before offering the snapshot for download, so it
ensures if you download a snapshot, it's compilable (at least if you have the
requirements).

The thing I'm implementing now and which proves a little complex is a
"sequence" number for messages, it is necessary to enable players to play
several maps in a row within the same network session, the idea being to avoid
the "I always need to reconnect to play" problem.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--
Christian Mauduit - http://www.ufoot.org/                    ___ __/\__