Re: don't know how to install make

From: Eric Christopher
Subject: Re: don't know how to install make
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 22:37:47 -0800

> The problem is my system doesn't have gcc installed and it seems to me
> gcc is a  prerequisite?  thats on e , the other is the alocal ,
> autoconf, or those files saying missing is in the make3-79.1 directory
> and somehow it said they are missing, does anyone know why???

You definitely need gcc (or some compiler) to compile make.  You'll
actually need a full suite of tools including assembler (gas), linker
(ld), headers, etc.  There are prebuilt binaries available (and
depending on distribution probably on your cd somewhere).  You can
likely get all of the binaries pre-built on a linux distribution cd.
Most distributions have development tools under an install option of
"Development" or some such.

-eric