Re: Target-specific variables

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Target-specific variables
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 15:52:13 -0500

%% "Asperheim, Eric" <address@hidden> writes:

  ae> Does anyone know if "Target-specific variables" are supported in gmake
  ae> version 3.74-96q4?

No.  They were added in GNU make 3.77.

There have been various issues with them such that my advise is to get
the latest version (3.79.1) and not use 3.77 itself.

  ae> What am I doing wrong if it's not the version? If it is the
  ae> version, how can I get a list of features and it which version the
  ae> feature was added?

The NEWS file that comes with each distribution of GNU make contains a
comprehensive list of the user-visible features that were added to each
version.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/