Re: join

From: Michael Sterrett -Mr. Bones.-
Subject: Re: join
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 03:03:42 -0500 (EST)

I guess I'm just being dense.  I see (and did look at before) the 'join'
function in the text functions section of the info pages, but I can't
see how to take this:

    A = /usr/bin /bin

and use $(join) to get

    A = /usr/bin:/bin

Could you demontrate how you would get from one to the other?

The 'join' function seems to me to always return a list with the same
number of elements as the list that was passed in.  In fact, the info
page says specifically that white space is replaced with a single space.
I want to replace internal whitespace with a specified separator.

Michael Sterrett
  -Mr. Bones.-
address@hidden