GMAKE and timestamps

From: Bhatt, Milan C
Subject: GMAKE and timestamps
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 19:04:19 -0700

Hello,

I have a simple question.  What level of granularity does GMAKE observe within a file's timestamp to determine if a target is out of date?

That is does GMAKE determine the older file by looking at the minutes field, seconds field, or milliseconds field of the timestamp?

My concern is that if two files were created within seconds or milliseconds of each other, then GMAKE would not which is the older file.

Thanks,

Milan