Re: gnu make and compile engines.

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: gnu make and compile engines.
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 10:35:07 -0400

There are two: one is the customs library; read about it in the make
distro in README.customs.  I think customs works similarly to how you
are already trying to do things, by using rsh to invoke remote
commands.

The other is not distributed with GNU make (yet?) but is potentially
much more reliable; it uses the PVM structure to allow for distributed
builds; this is a very cool architecture (free) which gives you a lot
more control over things, and probably better performance overall... but
it requires more setup.  Find out about PVM here:

  http://www.epm.ornl.gov/pvm/

and about the GNU make port to PVM here:

  http://www.crosswinds.net/~jlabrous/GNU/PVMGmake/

HTH.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/