RE: Solaris 8

From: Marc Martinez
Subject: RE: Solaris 8
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 14:04:47 +0200

try the next command in root
find / -name cc
this command find the cc executable
ie /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc
then
export CC=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc
export PATH=$PATH:/opt/SUNWspro/bin

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Lynda Morrison [mailto:address@hidden
Envoye : mardi, 16. octobre 2001 23:31
A : address@hidden
Objet : Solaris 8

I am trying to install the gnu compiler on a Solaris 8 machine.  It
currently does not have a make, so I was trying to build the gnu make to use
for the compiler.  Following the directions to use the build.sh (since I
don't have a make), I am getting the following error message:

compiling ar.c...
./build.sh: @CC@: not found

Is this telling me that it can't find a compiler?  How do I build make
without a compiler?  I thought there was supposed to be a pre-compiled
version that I could download for this purpose.  Could you point me in the
right direction here?  Thanks!!!

Lynda Morrison
DETR, State of Nevada
684-3830