makefile:640: *** missing separator. Stop.

From: Van der Bloemen Mr. Tom
Subject: makefile:640: *** missing separator. Stop.
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:01:49 +0400

Hello,

I'm running cygwin on Windows NT 4.0 and I'm using ActivePerl.  I'm trying
to install some modules using the standard perl Makefile.pl, make, make test
etc.  I get the message above.  I've read all about how to put a tab in
front of the offending line.  When I add a tab, I get the same message, only
for the next line.  When I add a tab to that line, I get the following
message:

The name specified is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Make:***[blib\lib\MIME\.exists]Error1

I get exactly the same error any package I try to install.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreiciated.

/r

Tom Van der Bloemen