Re: gmake error

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: gmake error
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:11:31 -0500

%% Inna Gauskin <address@hidden> writes:

  ig> Hi,
  ig> I need to know what causes gmake to create the following error:

  ig> gmake: Target `topic' not remade because of errors.

  ig> The problem is that sometimes I get this error as aresult of
  ig> compilation errors and sometimes not, so I'd like to know what
  ig> inner processes cause gmake either to give this error or not.

Make prints that message when it can't create a target because one or
more of its prerequisites did not successfully compile.  In particular
you often see it as a result of using -k, since in that case some
prerequisite could have failed to build a while ago, and make kept on
going.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/