Re: About the MAKE program (and 2)

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: About the MAKE program (and 2)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:50:05 -0500

If you are trying to build GNU make from source for a DOS environment,
you should read the README.DOS file and follow those directions.

If you are trying to build GNU make from source for a Windows32
environment, you should read the README.W32 file and follow those
directions.

If you already have a make.exe executable, you don't need to compile
GNU make; it's already compiled.

If you have further questions about GNU make on DOS/Windows platforms
you'll probably get a better response asking on the address@hidden
mailing list; people familiar with DOS/Windows platforms hang out
there.

HTH...

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/