Hello and help request

From: DE-BREBISSON,CYRILLE (HP-Boise,ex1)
Subject: Hello and help request
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 10:12:33 -0400

Hello,

I am trying to write a somehow hairy makefile.

Each *.n file in the directory is used to generate a *.ob file.
Each of this *.n file contains a list of directory it is dependent on (each
line of this file is: REL DirName.o) (sub makefile create DirName.o object
out of each DirName directory)

so I created the makefile that looks like this:

OBS:= $(patsubst %.n,%.ob,$(wildcard *.n))

all: $(OBS)

%.ob: %.n $(shell grep REL %.n | sed -e "s/REL //")
        sload $<

%.o: % $(wildcard %/*.s) #the sources files in the directory have a .s ext
        make -C $<

The problem, as far as I can see is that the $(shell ...) stuff is evaluated
only once and not for each match of the %.ob rule.
Furthemore, the $(wildcard %/*.s) does not seams to work either...

Can you help me?

regards, cyrille