Re: disappearing rule

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: disappearing rule
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 10:19:23 -0400

%% Karen Paffendorf <address@hidden> writes:

  kp> I have a rule in my makefile(s) that does not show up in the
  kp> database.  Can you give me guidance in trying to find out why?

You mean, when you run make -p it's not there?

I can't say.  I've never heard of anything like that.

Offhand I'd say you have a stray "\" before that line, or you have
variables in it that aren't expanding as you expect so that the rule
doesn't appear in the rule database as you expect, or maybe you have a
problem with your TAB indentation.

What version of GNU make are you using?  What OS are you running it on?

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/