Compiling Make for Open VMS 7.3

From: Brian_Benning
Subject: Compiling Make for Open VMS 7.3
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 09:29:33 -0400

Using the supplied makefile.com I am unable to compile make under OpenVMS 7.3.
The error that aborts the compile is a C error
saying that listp is not declared.  Any advice?  I have a log file of the
compile if that would help.  Thanks for your time.

 Compiling variable...

              if (listp)

 %CC-E-UNDECLARED, In this statement, "listp" is not declared.

         At line number 204 in PROG:[BENNING.MAKEFILE]VARIABLE.C;1.

    #endif

 %VCG-I-NOBJECT, No object file produced.

         At line number 1236 in PROG:[BENNING.MAKEFILE]VARIABLE.C;1.

 %VCG-I-SUMMARY, Completed with 1 error(s), 0 warning(s), and

         1 informational messages.

         At line number 1236 in PROG:[BENNING.MAKEFILE]VARIABLE.C;1.