What happens if make receives a signal?

From: Herb W. Swan
Subject: What happens if make receives a signal?
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 14:08:02 -0800 (AKDT)

If GNU make receives a TERM signal, it deletes the current
target, but does it also pass some kind of signal to the program
currently running?  Apparently it does, since if the currently
running program happens to be an editor, like nedit or textedit,
that editor also terminates when make receives the signal.  It
isn't left running.

I want to write my own program which orderly shuts down if
its parent make receives a TERM signal.  But what signal should
my program look for?

Does this make sense?  Thank you for any insights you might
be able to provide.

--

 | Herbert Swan          | Geoscience Operations             |