Re: GNU make for Windows

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: GNU make for Windows
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 23:34:31 -0400

%% address@hidden writes:

  vs> My name is Vijay Sharma. I am working for 3Com. We plan to use GNU
  vs> make for building our MIBs. Is the GNU make package for Windows
  vs> available? Would appreciate if you could provide me the link for
  vs> it.

The source code for GNU make is available at the GNU ftp site:

  ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/make/

The distribution contains complete instructions for compiling GNU make
from source on both DOS and Windows platforms (among others).  Of course
you will need a C compiler.

The FSF doesn't make pre-built versions of its software available for
download.  You can purchase CDs containing prebuilt versions; not sure
if there are Windows versions available or not.  See http://www.gnu.org