Re: Probably a v.small doubt

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Probably a v.small doubt
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:04:14 -0400

%% Karthikesh Raju <address@hidden> writes:

  kr> Is there any way i can test this once and set a variable and then
  kr> use the corresponding processor for the file. (i guess this is
  kr> dumb on my part, there must be a way!)

Sure; use the $(shell ...) function.

  TEXSYSTEM := $(shell if <need processing>; then echo latex; else echo pdftex;
fi)

See the GNU make documentation for more info on := and $(shell ...).