Re: support for IA64 HP-UX

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: support for IA64 HP-UX
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 15:19:28 -0400

%% Martin Sebor <address@hidden> writes:

  ms> Paul D. Smith wrote:

  >> The version of autoconf used by the current release of GNU make has
  >> problems in HP-UX 11.

  ms> The default cc on my platform doesn't work (I don't know if it's
  ms> even supposed to) but I was able to configure with CC=aCC
  ms> ./configure.  Unfortunately, aCC on IPF is the C++ compiler and
  ms> turning on -Ae to use it in C mode gives errors both at configure
  ms> time and, worse, at build time. Note that this is HP-UX 11.22 on
  ms> IA64 not HP-UX 11.xx on PA-RISC. Is there any special setup I
  ms> should follow for this target?

I don't know of any; it should just work.  But, I don't know that
anyone's tried it either.

Can you tell me what kinds of errors you get for cc, aCC, and aCC -Ae?