Re: How to get current filename executed

From: Trevor Jenkins
Subject: Re: How to get current filename executed
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 13:00:51 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Andrew Hou <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am using gmake ver 3.79.1.
> I would like to get file name of current makefile
> This is my makefile named tt:
> #!/usr/bin/gmake -f
> target:
>     @echo "$(MAKEFILES)"

In version 3.78.1, MAKECMDGOALS works for me. Here's a little test make

        echo $(MAKECMDGOALS)

> I hope to get answer "tt" if I run it.

$ make tt
echo tt

> Do u have any good idea?

Seems to work but ... whether it's a good idea is another issue.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!
Details at

<>< Re: deemed!