Re: How to get current filename executed

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: How to get current filename executed
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:16:26 -0500

%% Trevor Jenkins <address@hidden> writes:

  tj> In version 3.78.1, MAKECMDGOALS works for me. Here's a little test make
  tj> file:

  tj> $(MAKECMDGOALS):
  tj>   echo $(MAKECMDGOALS)

  >> I hope to get answer "tt" if I run it.

  tj> $ make tt
  tj> echo tt
  tj> tt

No, that's not it.  Sure it works if you give the makefile name as a
command line goal target because that's what MAKECMDGOALS expands to,
but he wants to just run "make", or "make install", or whatever, and
find the makefile name.

You can't do that before 3.80.