Help in Updating Multiple Targets

From: Ramanathan
Subject: Help in Updating Multiple Targets
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 17:11:50 +0530

Hi All ,
 I hit upon this while working on an assignment.

 Goal : update tools in a target dir based on time stamp of tools in src
dir.

 FYI : First I planned to create a generic makefile and call perl script
that will do above. Also was
 able to do it. And then I had this suggestion regd. which I have few doubts
:

 can I use a flat file to define like this ?

 file name              target path to copy

 If I am correct, make uses time stamp to update targets.
 So from a generic make file, read this config file and update target using
time stamp.

 Can any one share ideas on how to go about this using makefile if possible
?

TIA,
Rams